Auxiliary functions in case of disability

If you have a disability that get in the way of your studies, you can get support during your studies at the University. For example, it may be reading- and writing difficulties, dyslexia, psychiatric and neuropsychiatric disorders, hearing loss, visual impairment, motion disabilities or chronic diseases. You should be able to show proof of disability.

Disabilities are according to the Discrimination Act (SFS 2008:567) "permanent physical, mental or intellectual limitations on a person's ability to function as a result of an injury or a disease existed from birth, has occurred afterwards or can be expected to occur. "

What kind of support you need depends on what obstacles your disability poses for you in your studies. The support is planned and designed in consultation with you as a student. If you need assistance, contact one of the coordinators for students with disabilities at the University. Contact details can be found at the bottom of this page.

It is important that when you register for a program or course, you contact the University Coordinator for students with disabilities to plan the assistance.

If you have a temporary injury or illness you do not fall within the scope of this support. If you need temporary support, you should instead turn to the student counselor at your institution.

Help that you can get
  • Note support
  • Adaptation to education and at examination
  • Sign language interpreter and writing interpreter
  • Mentor and other personal support
  • Language support
  • Available premises
  • Additional teacher support

The information above is retrieved from the Uppsala University website, for help regarding disabilities & studies