PhD student at the Faculty of Pharmacy
As a PhD student at the Faculty of Pharmacy, Uppsala University, you have the opportunity to become a member of the Pharmaceutical Student Union, also known as Farmis. Farmis was founded in 1896, since then, we have monitored the students' interests. The PhD students issues are mainly operated in our Pharmaceutical Doctoral Council, FDR.
The Pharmaceutical Student Union's daily operations are run by students and graduate students in our Student Union house called Pharmen. The Doctoral committee is also known as the Pharmaceutical Doctoral Council (FDR) and have meetings once a month where they discuss the prerequisites for doctoral studies at the Faculty. FDR is also represented in the Doctoral Student Board that protects the interests of the PhD students at the University and nationally.
As a member of the Pharmaceutical Student Union you support us with 100 kr/semester!
We offer you:
- Help and advice from the Doctoral Student Delegate who works on behalf of all students at Uppsala University
- Opportunity to influence your circumstances at the Faculty, the University and on a national level.
- Be elected student representative in your institution's Board of Directors, Graduate Student committee, Student recruiting group, Basic Education committee, Recruitment group or the Council for equal terms.
- Voting rights at the Union's highest decision-making body
- In addition, you also have the same benefits as all student members regarding to the discount in the pub, at the Union's traditional parties and the opportunity to participate in sports- and cultural events.
To become a member
Send you name and your Swedish personal number to the Union's Vice President of Economy in an e-mail to:
Do not forget to indicate that you are a graduate student!
For questions please contact the President of FDR at: